Header

Saturday 20 September 2014

Highlights...

Just the highlights of today, it's late, I am tired, and my To Do list is getting longer and longer; yes that is panic you can hear.

I struck lucky at the local Doughty's Roadshow first thing, I got the wadding I needed (yay!) and some fun spots and some elephants for luck…


I wasn't sure what to expect, but to say there was more batik and brown than anything else is not a fib!  I was the youngest in the room, bar the Doughety's chaps, by a generous 20 years, and boy can those ladies shop!

What I actually needed to buy today was elusive though; owner Jo and I ransacked the shelves at Eclectic Maker and I came away rather despondent and disheartened, but that's delving into the depths of the lowlights, so moving swiftly on.

This afternoon the Cubs went kayaking, a first for dear son, and he had a fantastic time.  It was good fun to watch too…


So at least one person will be sleeping well tonight!

Right, I need to mull and alter plans and hope I get one of those middle-of-the-night revelations x

7 comments:

  1. I've gotta to ask - what was the elusive item?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing at your Doughty's experience. Your kids have such fun - makes me realize some of the things we miss living here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kayaking looks fun, fabric shopping sounds a bit of a nightmare but I love those dots! Hope you get a chance to relax and not feel too pressured xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years since I went kayaking, looks as though they all had great fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in the pensioner shopping frenzy. They have very pointy elbows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to their stall (at quilt shows) a few times and have never found anything I want - they're either not taking the stuff I want to that particular show or I'm just really bad at shopping! (Probably a bit of both, if I'm honest!) Love the dots and elephants!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx