Header

Thursday 25 September 2014

No Sh*t Sherlock!

Going on the zoo trip was never going to be easy on the feet, ears or throat - after a 3 hour journey up to London, we were whizzing round the animals, herding children and back on the coach before we knew it…


The kids indulged in hours of 'are we nearly there yet?' and us grown ups remained as noncommittal as we could, but it was still smiles all round when we got back to school, so worth every long, noisy minute.

After the longest journey there, we took the North Circular route home, and that meant Baker Street was the way to go…


221b in full Sherlock glory.

It won't take a super sleuth to work out where I'll be by 9pm!

Oh, and before I go, thank you so much to all of you who have watched dear son's video already, he is so totally thrilled with all the views and likes; if he hits 100 views by morning, he'll probably combust!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope viewing the vid through here counted, although I'm slightly concerned about the half a person that featured. Very equal opportunities though I suppose ;o) Glad you didn't lose any kids to the tiger enclosures or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live about 200 yrds up the road from 221b Baker Street! Glad you survived the big smoke and the kids! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest was at the zoo as well! taking tea with meerkats... she also got home safe- they didn't keep her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember one of those long Victorian moral poems about a boy called Albert going to London Zoo and getting eaten by a tiger, or maybe a lion. Anyhow, it used to make me nervous when we neared the "dangerous" animal enclosures. (as a child, not an adult)
    I too get a buzz of excitement when passing through Baker St on the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like good fun. I used to live within walking distance of the zoo many years ago when I was a nanny and frequented it often. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A three hour journey on the bus? Blimey, you did well to survive that, never mind the zoo!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx