Header

Sunday 27 July 2014

Mother, look away now!

It's my mum's birthday coming up, so I decided to convert my finished embroidery, from Jo-Bearpaw's FQR class into a little pouch.


The embroidery is on white Essex Linen, so I backed the panel with some fusible fleece, and then followed my pattern that you'll find in this month's Love Patchwork & Quilting.


I adjusted the pattern for the flat pouch to fit the size of my embroidery, and I am really rather pleased with how it turned out.


A bit more of that home dec on the back, and it's all good.


This was all made up before 9am, I couldn't sleep!


I also finished up some commission work today, which is always nice to get under my belt.  By my reckoning I only have two more stitchy 'commitments' to complete this summer holiday, and I am hoping to get one of those finished this evening, then it's all me me me!

15 comments:

  1. So pretty, your mum will love it. Was it hard or easy to pick up the embroidery stitches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous H! Amazing stitching and a lovely gift. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hadley you did this so beautifully! Your mum is going to so thrilled and impressed! I am very proud :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't keep up with all these lovely finishes! It's a great pouch and I'm sure your mother will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Hadley, you don't hang about do you? I still need to unpack!! :-) Beautifully done xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it. I think it is one of the nicest things you have made , and you know how much I love your work. I do love embroidery.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like it would be an awesome fit for a Kindle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you right on it? Finishing a retreat project AND using a new pattern before it has even hit our shore? Mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful present and I love the pouch. How lovely it is in the magazine too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a star Hadley! I still have to finish mine but what a great idea to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky mum. And I've enjoyed seeing your name in orient in the magazine. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx