Header

Wednesday 23 April 2014

A Little Oakshotting...

Today I got to play with my Oakshott WiP/FAL listing, and laid the whole lot out on the lounge floor; oh how I love an empty house!

Having perfected the layout, I then stitched and trimmed a tonne of 9" HSTs ready for another day...


This is going to be a fun, summery quilt, which hopefully won't take too long to get finished; I have managed to clear a load of things off my To Do list since the kids went back to school and I hope I won't lose momentum too much after I go back to work tomorrow... groan.

I am not looking forward to that one bit, but thank goodness for May Day and bank holidays in the not too distant future.

18 comments:

  1. This is going to be absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's going to be such a fun quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be yummy! How will you quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! it is so beautiful. i dont have a printer, could you mail me the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen this?
    http://www.sewmamasew.com/2014/04/oakshott-half-square-triangle-pillow/

    So inspiring. You probably need one to go with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking lovely already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks bright and summery! Hope the transition isn't too painful! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colors! i always love stars :)

    Emily at backtothecraft.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely star! Less than five weeks to the next school holiday - yippee !

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an excellent thing! Very cool, contemporary feel from those colours too. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're playing with solids...okay very pretty Oakshott solids..have you been converted? It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx