Header

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

A Little Oakshotting...

Today I got to play with my Oakshott WiP/FAL listing, and laid the whole lot out on the lounge floor; oh how I love an empty house!

Having perfected the layout, I then stitched and trimmed a tonne of 9" HSTs ready for another day...


This is going to be a fun, summery quilt, which hopefully won't take too long to get finished; I have managed to clear a load of things off my To Do list since the kids went back to school and I hope I won't lose momentum too much after I go back to work tomorrow... groan.

I am not looking forward to that one bit, but thank goodness for May Day and bank holidays in the not too distant future.

18 comments:

  1. This is going to be absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's going to be such a fun quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be yummy! How will you quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! it is so beautiful. i dont have a printer, could you mail me the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen this?
    http://www.sewmamasew.com/2014/04/oakshott-half-square-triangle-pillow/

    So inspiring. You probably need one to go with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks bright and summery! Hope the transition isn't too painful! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the colors! i always love stars :)

    Emily at backtothecraft.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely star! Less than five weeks to the next school holiday - yippee !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an excellent thing! Very cool, contemporary feel from those colours too. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're playing with solids...okay very pretty Oakshott solids..have you been converted? It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx