Header

Saturday 23 November 2013

Waiting for the Doctor...

I know I am not the only one just getting through the day and waiting for tonight's 50th Anniversary Doctor Who, so I will keep it brief.

Today started with sorting, flinging and tidying; I went through the contents of the girls' room, with notional assistance, and dear hubby had the pleasure of dealing with the boy stuff.

We literally filled a car with bags of rubbish and the tip is now home to a lot more paper and plastic of unspecified origin than it was before.  It took hours, but the rooms do actually look much better for it, so worth the effort.

Whilst putting away the birthday presents I remembered that I hadn't shown you the bookmarks that I made for the Birthday Four.  One is currently residing somewhere within the pages of Morrissey's happy life story, so it avoided the 'blimey it's getting dark already and we've only just had lunch' photos...


Love those Kokka Robots and Penguins.  And it's not lost on me that the bow ties must be more than a coincidence!

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day, the bookmarks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you come and do my house now!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Chucking out the plastic is always a good feeling! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cool bookmarks, and great to see children reading books, and proper books at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Read the title and thought you were poorly again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been trying to time feeds today so that daddy can be in charge of the boy from 7.50! Love the bookmarks :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are patiently awaiting the return of the Doctor(s) too. Cute bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm considering just throwing a match in the girls room to skip the sorting if pack rat accumulated crap. Hope the doctor was good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always quite refreshing to have a good sort out. Those bookmarks are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those penguins! And love the division of labour on the clearouts, my mother just handed me a bin bag and told me to get going lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book marks, and wasn't Dr Who fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love clearing out the girls bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoyed the Doctors! (We went to the only theatre in GA I could find that was simulcasting it. Yay!) The bookmarks are super cute...and are reminding me I need to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a very satisfying day all round!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely book marks and I too thought you were sick again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely bookmarks.
    Think that last nights Dr Who was the best show ever ~ I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you enjoyed the anniversary episode! I definitely hunkered down with some handwork for it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bow ties are cool!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not even those cuties will cheer up Morrissey. How is the book?

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx