Header

Friday 29 November 2013

Black Friday...

Well I have to admit to having taken a teensy advantage of Black Friday-related shenanigans, but with no broken bones in sight!

Annie jumped the gun at the beginning of the week, with 25% off Sale fabric over at The Village Haberdashery; so I  snapped up a few stash FQs, which will help those frustrating Bee-moments when nothing seems to work, and I also loaded up with some bolt ends of voile; I feel a pre-Christmas scarf making session coming on...


Last night Ali was offering 20% off orders at her Very Berry Fabrics Folksy shop, so a Maxi Bag of Liberty Scraps is heading my way; and then today more voile from Saints and Pinners and a bit of Sketch from Justine at Simply Solids.  All things I needed, obviously.  I'll be sure to show you when they come.

I deliberately kept my shopping within the UK, as on balance, the discount prices, along with minimal postage and quick delivery, definitely outweighed the slightly cheaper fabric plus postal price; but the potential for falling foul of extended Christmas scrutiny and a nice Customs and handling charge is not something I want in the equation.  Ho Ho Ho.

So I am done.  Do not let me buy any more fabric this year; I really don't need it!

12 comments:

  1. I succumbed too! I can't believe people were going crazy for £99 tvs, people leave them outside here all the time so they could've got one free!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss the VH sale?! I think you must have bought everything first! ;-) I have bought fabric at Cindy's shop. Not sure how that happened only went in for Aurifil. And may go do some more shopping seeing as I'm having a big sort/clear out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to dip your toe into the sales a little. It is absolutely necessary really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the VH sale, too! Poop. On reflection, it's maybe just as well! I did succumb at M is for Make, today. All in the name of helping the economy you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not looking, and then I can't be tempted, I do not need any more fabric (until Hello Petal comes out from Aneela!!!). Well done Mrs, very restrained :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may or may not have gone over the water... I didn't punch anyone for a TV though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely purchases, I am still trying to resist the sales, as I am totally good for this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I succumbed to the VH sale too, never thought of the Voile though :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went and bought yardage for dress making and stuff from FQS... then I realised I'd already hoarded A MASSIVE bit already lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes, I succumbed too, but only bought fabric I needed, of course! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Canny but essential buys! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can you say you don't need fabric?????

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx