Header

Friday 15 November 2013

Crafting It Forward... At Last!

I am not going to look back at the exact date for shame, but last year I jumped at the chance to receive a Craft It Forward gift from Charlotte.  She treated me to some gorgeous fancy chocolate mularky, and in return I put out the call for 5 bloggy types to receive a gift from me.  In return for doing likewise, when they receive from me, they will blog, make, and so on and so forth, sharing the love ad infinitum.

So with 365 days to honour my side of the deal, I kept a 'CiF' entry on every month's To Do list that I wrote this year.  I even showed you progress at the end of the summer when I added them to my Q4 FAL list; so now, with a clear(ish) conscience, I can show you the finished pressies...

These should be landing on doorsteps of the surprised victims recipients, who I'm sure must have given up all hope, and been too polite to ask...


Just in case you like to know the details of these things, these needle books were inspired by some that I coveted over at Krista's, and all were made with Liberty 1/2" hexies, Essex Yarn-dyed linen in Denim, lined with Alison Glass' Sun Print Text, and felt from Eternal Maker.  Everything was pieced and stitched in Aurifil 50wt.  There's a handy clip for scissors, or to attach to a zippy pouch, and I think they measure up at about 4" square when closed.

I added some chocolate and a small button badge to try to get me back in the good books, and the postmaster popped Christmas stamps on the UK ones, so it even looks, for all intense and purposes like they are early!


I will link back to the recipient's CiF posts, so you may get lucky and be on the receiving end of their crafty generosity some time soon.

Linking up now with Liz, even though it's not Thursday.


Right, back to the next thing on the list xxx

23 comments:

  1. Mine is gorgeous and has been put to immediate use - will take some photos and post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous and you are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clippy bit to attach things to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such nice CiF gifts! Esp love the hook for scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some lucky ladies. I finally have a blog now so hopefully I can join this fun movement at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous. Love anything with hexies. And useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, it's less than 40 days til Christmas (sorry for the reminder!) so the stamps won't feel early! Great makes and lucky 'victims'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure wish I had been on your list, those are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter when you receive a gift it's always special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And when you completely forgot you were one of the lucky few it was an even nicer surprise! thank you lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine pay it forwards were due in June. Still working on them, but I haven't forgotten. Lol hopefully my recipients are as patient a yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had mine at the same time (mid december) and have only a few weeks left, I have been thinking it over in the last few weeks, must get my bum in gear!!!! :o). Love these makes, lucky recipients. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Worth the wait though - they are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cif pressies. Doesn't 365 days go quickly. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lucky people to be getting those! Gorgeous makes x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are just too darned cute for words. I love the text fabric inside and those little hexies are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done you! I'm still waiting for 2 PIFs from the end of 2011, so, you know, you were in plenty of time ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely gifts and I am sure WELL worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx