Header

Monday 26 August 2013

Typically British Bank Holiday Weekend...

We were welcomed back to the UK with a rainy, horrible Saturday; it was all I could do to muster the enthusiasm to nip to Waitrose so we could at least eat for the day.  No photos, you can just imagine the grey skies and miserable faces!

Yesterday we got up early and headed over to Brighton for school shoes.  We were in and out of Clarks in 20 minutes, all three shod ahead of the queues, huge bonus...


After a quick visit to the Lego shop, we put the bags in the car and headed down to the seafront.


Mentalists were in the sea, even though the sun came out, I bet it was bloody freezing!  Being a Bank Holiday, the Mods were in town too.  Most are now more Cocoon than Quadrophenia, but the scooters were fun to look at; mind you, with all those mirrors, you'd of thought they would sort out the worst haircuts in the world ever!

Today, we did the village Boot Fair after breakfast; I struck lucky with some shocking cushions (but with lovely feather inserts), and a duvet cover which will be added to my Vintage Star quilt collection, and change from a fiver...

Retro and real flowers, pretty.
I then took full advantage of the sunshine, despite the people over the road having their roof pressure cleaned, which took ALL DAY; the continuous generator and spraying noise was not the perfect soundtrack, but I got my vitamin D top up, some more Spring Carnival piecing done and maybe a nap, so not all bad.

Hubby is back to work tomorrow, and I really need to get some food in, so that'll be fun.  The washing is all done so now I have an ironing pile that I am finding hard to ignore.  So that's me.  Back to normality.  Hey ho xxx

15 comments:

  1. This is where I have to confess that I had that duvet when I was growing up. I guess that makes me vintage too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major haul at the village fair. Bring on routine and school say I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vintage sheet purchase there. It was wet here yesterday. Ventured out to a craft fair and beat the crowds because only mentalists bothered. Today it was back to sunny and breezy. Back to work tomorrow for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen's comment is too funny! You do lead an exciting life. All that fun, how do you survive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this mean you are going to iron all my school uniforms tomorrow to? This is so nice of you!
    Brighton looks great and great you had some sunshine with lovely sound in the back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey ho indeed. We too are back to our usual routine this week. But we have our long weekend next weekend so that is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're taking our visitors back to the airport tonight, then back to routine. But it is nice to be back home

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah, i saw loads of lambrettas on my way to and from Portsmouth. yesterday, they must have all been at the seaside! well done for getting all three shod so quickly, i bet that's usually a nightmare, and a nap? perfect way to spend part of the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hum drum. Back to real life. Is that seriously "serving 85" in a shoe store? Am I seeing that wrong? Good lord you deserve a medal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to do the school shoe buying this year, not looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol at the ancient Mods, don't envy the BTS shoe shop though o.O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laughing at the image of Cocoon Mods.......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coming back down to earth really sucks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I'm not quite old enough to have had that quilt cover, like Helen did ;-) but I do remember sheets of the same pattern that my Grandma had on the bed I used to sleep in at her house! Must have been a brand of bed linen that made it to Australia too.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx