Header

Saturday 31 August 2013

Never Mind the Vomit!

Woo Hoo, September, tomorrow(!), and it is my month wielding the Stitch Tease crown.  I knew what I was going to ask for so long ago that now it my turn, I am busting with excitement!

Ladies, we are making a low volume Scrap Vomit, but without the vomit!

I know the theory behind the original Vom is to use up all those Oh My Eyes scraps that have seen better days, creating something wonderful in the end.

OK, but this is me!  I am looking for beautiful low volume, text and prints, maybe the odd fussy-cut too, so it looks gentle and pretty, not full of fuglies and grotters that just happen to work.  That said, I don't believe for one moment that any of my fellow Teasers have a stash full of munters, and I trust them!

I made a mosaic a while back...


... just to show that low-volume doesn't mean just cream and white!  The one in the bottom right corner is an example of what I don't want.  Not enough colour and waaaaay too much brown.

The quilt uses two types of block, so I would like one of each from the ladies.

Here's my first block...


For the cross blocks I would like greys, dark pinks and turquoise, not in solids, again in a mix of fabrics...


All the instructions that anyone could need are on Katy's blog, as part of the quiltalong.

I realise these blocks are 7x7 for a 14(1/2)" block rather than 6x6, but I am hoping my fellow Bees will see that, without any wastage on these blocks, they will probably be using less fabric than more complicated 12(1/2)" blocks require... here's hoping!

I think this quilt has the makings of awesomeness!


For the siggy blocks, I would like 3 x 2.5" blocks sewn together with a centre white square with just first names signed in the middle.  These will be sewn together to make the elusive 25th block.  I haven't made mine yet.

So I've told you what I want, what I really really want, and hope that rest of the Stitch Teasers are pleasantly surprised that I have not dreamt up anything too difficult ;)

Now to just sit back and wait for the postman, hee hee!

26 comments:

  1. You always push the sizes and get great results Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your version of the scrap vomit quilt! I admire your use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan. Look forward to seeing this one shape up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so many little squares *sob* Big deep breath...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much prefer this low volume version to the louder vomit quilts. I think this will be another corker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be wonderful; love the colours you've chosen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever choice! I look forward to seeing this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colours and the lv will look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea, make sure you keep us posted as the blocks come in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do hope my stash can live up to this one! Are you sure you don't want brown?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's going to be so gorgeous! Love the pink/grey/turquoise colours you've chosen too!
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Hadley - this is going to be gorgeous!!!!! Lovely to read a blog post from you too, you always make me smile! Welcome back x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not even a tiny bit 'Bossy Spice'!! It's going to be fab! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's going to be spot on! I will wait until the quilt is finished then come visit and steal it ...oppps shouldn't tell the cunning plan before it's put into action ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am queen bee in a bee this month and it is good to see I am not the only fussy one. Your quilt will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my aching head! This one might make me vomit, but I will do my very best, I promise. (Of course, this was all said with a smile on my face) Love you, Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! This will be great- I recently pieced a LV top that has color and I love how it turned out. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooo, love it! Hope your bee mates take advantage of the new term and we don't have to wait too long for the finished article!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so loving this! Going to be gorgeous! Love the addition of the cross blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx