Header

Friday 2 August 2013

Siblings Together Bee - Month 3

Well if you missed the wonderful spectacle of all the Siblings Together quilts being handed over at this year's Fat Quarterly Retreat, go check out all the photos here.

The ST Bee got to hand over our first quilt too...

IMG_1286

Warm and fuzzies all round!

So onto this month's block, set by Collette, aka Poppy&Poochie, a take on the woven ribbon block.

I made mine last night in the chilly evening temperature of 27 degrees.  I was just going to do the cutting, but I kept going, and here is the finished 18" block...


Gorgeous Road 15, by Sweetwater from our sponsor Moda; we are so lucky to get to play with such lovelies.


      

            

      


We, (well Jo), also took delivery of our wadding from Lady Sew and Sew this week.  Honestly if you are not familiar, do take a look at their website NOW - they have a huge sale going on, 6m cuts of Heather Bailey and Joel Dewberry £29.99 for quilt backs, clearance Rowan, including £20 jelly rolls of Amy Butler's Lark, and I am having to resist snaffling meters and meters of JD's pink Honeycomb print at £7.05/m.  Go on, you know you want to!

So I am actually over halfway through my Bee commitments for the month already.  Bee Blessed set a summer block which I handed over to Sarah and Jude at Retreat; Sarah blogged a reminder here is you want to join in.  Brit Bee are on a break until September, and I can hardly contain my excitement about Round 3 - it is going to be awesome!

And I have just cut the fabrics for Jennifer's Stitch Tease blocks; lots of 60 degree angles; I am a just little nervous, but hoping to get those made this weekend.

Now, can we have our sunshine back please?

11 comments:

  1. The siblings together quilts were just fabulous. The children will cherish every single one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly pressed buy on a few things over at Lady Sew and Sew and talked myself out of it at the last gasp ;o) Hope your resolve is as good :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is lovely, the quilt will be wonderful. I love the fabric too, I just got my order before I left town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block! I really like how that fabric looks and submitted my address when they were designing - would be good to see if it made it on there (note to self to hunt for some). Thanks for plugging the Bee Blessed blocks again and yours are perfect for our man quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous block, gorgeous fabric, wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and fantastic block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been hovering over Lady Sewandsew's offers all day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we had sunshine, rain, cloud and sunshine again today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. didn't we do well??

    Great block - I'm still playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx