You all know the score. The evening before you head off on holiday, and you have to be up at about 2am, all the bags are packed, spare keys hidden, fridge emptied and time to relax, then you decide you need to make a new iPad cover, because you just have to! Right?
Well I did.
I had been eyeing two different patterns, Ayumi's from Patchwork Please! and Alexia's from Liberty Love.
I plumped for a mix, the Liberty and Echino combo of Alexia's, and Ayumi's pattern, minus the accessories pocket.
I stitched up a storm until I had the binding attached and ready for finishing. Gah!
I had used my walking foot to do everything, so although the binding looked great on the outside, when it came to stitching it down, the wider than necessary seam meant the mitred corners were horrendous and I had to pull it quite tight to cover all the raw edges. The clock was ticking, so I persevered.
It looked OK, but it didn't look great...
As it turned out, I didn't even get my iPad out of the case the whole time we were away, but it niggled me nonetheless.
So on the night we got home I unpicked the binding, trimmed the whole case down by 1/4" all round, as it was a little on the large size too, then re-attached and re-finished the binding.
I had to use a straight seam to join the ends as I had previously cut them on the bias; it was making my head hurt to try and re-cut to the right length, but I am more than fine with the outcome...
So now I am a happy bunny.
Looking at the After picture above, it still looks wonky as I'd just plonked it on the floor, but in reality, it is all good!
The pattern was easy to follow, and really quick to put together, even with all the quilting. I will make more in the future no doubt as it is not a fabric-hungry pattern, and I am all about the co-ordinating tech!