Header

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Heading for Take Off...

Well considering I spent, what feels like, most of the day watching The Hobbit on DVD, I do actually have a little something to show you...

Having 5 things on my FAL list is not a good feeling, so I decided to get on with my Aeroplane Bag and go with the Amy Butler; in fact I am making this entirely from stash, off-cuts and things I have laying around.  I am trying to be good like that!


I've decided to add an outside pocket, and just because I had some cord, and wanted to make the rose pink zip work with the orange fabric a little more, I've made some piping!  Get me!  I used some AMH flannel with just the right orange and pink in, and my trial/pocket worked out pretty well...


Since taking those pics I have also gone on and quilted the outside panels, and am all ready for cutting everything to size tomorrow, unless the sunshine reappears and we venture out and about.

Right, I've got my cup of tea and The Great British Sewing Bee, so see you later xxx

17 comments:

  1. Pretty! And a flying start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won a copy of this pattern over at Katy's and I shall make one...oh yes! Looking great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the orange with the pink! Is the great British sewing thing a TV show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love a bit of orange - and very sensible to be using what you have around. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh to have such a stash ;) Looks beautiful and get you with all the cording!!!!! Looking fabulous....can't wait to see more x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit, missed the sewing bee again! *le sigh* Nice bag start, missus, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combination. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colours. Did they say next week was the semi finals - already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good so far! Thank goodness it doesn't involve a zippered fly! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, all I did today was make 1/2 a be block. Granted it was a spider web paper pieced, but that's a piddly accomplishment for me. Your bag is going to be pretty. I like the colors already

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good, you can't beat a bit of piping to add detail to a bag!
    P.S. Tell Lynz that Sewing Bee is repeated on a Saturday afternoon...at least it is in England!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely spring colours- hope that reminds mother nature what she's supposed to be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get you Mrs Fancy Pants- looking lovely as ever, jealous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looking good so far. Look forward to the grand reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Getting ready to order my fabric for this bag. Can't wait! Love your orange. I was also thinking I'd like a pocket added to the front. Being a bit of a newbie to this wonderful world of quilting and sewing I'm not sure If I could handle it without instructions. aaacckkk!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been enjoying seeing this take shape on IG.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx