Header

Saturday 14 April 2012

5.4.3.2.1!

Over the last couple of days I have been working on the final FPPFTT piece, the rocket, and turning said rocket into a cushion for dear son.

He chose the colours when he got back from my parent's on Wednesday; OK, he was given a rather limited colour palette it has to be said.  Anyway snatching a few hours here and there, I got it made, saving the binding until last night, for the perfect sewing end to the week.


I admit this is not my finest paper-piecing, sorry Katy; I used all Klona, and I think on such small pieces its' stiffness is its', or rather my downfall; pressing was not so effective; some of the seams mismatch because of it, but not enough to raise complaints from the recipient.  I didn't have to unpick any seams, so I am pleased with it for that reason too.


I added some craters to the moon, a few stars and a planet just to break up the solids...


Simple envelope back; 16" cushion pad and ready for lift off!


This is number 2 out of 5 on my FAL list - so I have beaten the last quarter already in less than a week!

Next mission, finishing my Retro Flowers background cutting; this involves concentration, and over the last fortnight with the house full of kiddies, this has been seriously lacking!

I've also started pulling fabrics and cutting the linen for my FQ Retreat swapsies; I am heading down the Zakka Style route; so maybe more on that tomorrow, unless anything unexpected and totally exciting happens in the meantime!

Happy Saturday everyone x

27 comments:

  1. Great rocket! Excellent idea on the quilting, too. Hoping something exciting and unexpected happens today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to explore new worlds! Great rocket with difficult fabric!

    Want to see that background fabric cut up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cushion is fabulous - right down to the moon craters. Hope something fabulous does happen to distract you from sewing. Fabulous things should happen to shake up our existence and make us grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect quilting and back. What a fab project for your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, it looks fab, and love the quilting you did for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cute! I love the quilting :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cushion...I bet he's chuffed with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we can safely say you have nailed paper piecing now! This looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blast off! I am sure your little man loves his rocket pillow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent cushion, happy Saturday right back at you.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great cushion, bet he will be thrilled with it

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!

    Sorry to hear that organizing your scraps made it more difficult to find things. I'm having much the same problem with mine... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the design and the quilting details! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little astronaut will love his pillow! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stellar Rocket! No wonder the boy wonder loves it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the rocket and the stars and craters, but geez 2 finishes already?? I think I am going to make the retro flowers quilt too, I am trying to decide on some fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg that is such a fab boy cushion, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bet O loves that! Love the crater and stars details - looks like a bit of FMQ, brave girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks absolutely super H! Love the colours he chose! Fi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab rocket! Zakka Style to the people! Yayy! Happy exciting Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks great! I know that your son must be so excited...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is Susan on the happy pills again?? Love the rocket cushion - although feeling slightly inadequate in the mother of a son dept.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marvellous!!! (I'm chuckling at Annabella's comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. this looks really great hadley! good work!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx