Over the last couple of days I have been working on the final FPPFTT piece, the rocket, and turning said rocket into a cushion for dear son.
He chose the colours when he got back from my parent's on Wednesday; OK, he was given a rather limited colour palette it has to be said. Anyway snatching a few hours here and there, I got it made, saving the binding until last night, for the perfect sewing end to the week.
I admit this is not my finest paper-piecing, sorry Katy; I used all Klona, and I think on such small pieces its' stiffness is its', or rather my downfall; pressing was not so effective; some of the seams mismatch because of it, but not enough to raise complaints from the recipient. I didn't have to unpick any seams, so I am pleased with it for that reason too.
I added some craters to the moon, a few stars and a planet just to break up the solids...
Simple envelope back; 16" cushion pad and ready for lift off!
This is number 2 out of 5 on my FAL list - so I have beaten the last quarter already in less than a week!
Next mission, finishing my Retro Flowers background cutting; this involves concentration, and over the last fortnight with the house full of kiddies, this has been seriously lacking!
I've also started pulling fabrics and cutting the linen for my FQ Retreat swapsies; I am heading down the Zakka Style route; so maybe more on that tomorrow, unless anything unexpected and totally exciting happens in the meantime!
Happy Saturday everyone x