Header

Wednesday 14 December 2011

More Plays and Purses...

I got to see the Christmas play again this morning, my reward for putting about 15 little girls' pairs of tights back round the right way and pulling big heads through tiny sweatshirt head-holes!

These phone snaps sum it all up for me...




I also went Christmas food shopping; all bought, bar the fresh veggies and the small matter of a turkey (ie. we have enough chocolate, coke, cheese and cake for a month!).  We are meant to be dining with my parents, but I am stocking up just in case it snows or some other mishap keeps us 70 miles apart - have you seen the forecast?  Blimey!

I haven't managed any sewing yet today but I only have one felt ornament left to make for the school presents, how I forgot 'Nanny Jean' I will never know.  Then all the deadlines move forward to the big day.  Phew!

Last night I put together the last of the production line purses... although I am officially addicted and may just keep on making...

This one is for Ballet Twin...



The measurements are again based on Ayumi's tute, and I have finally memorised the zip layering mantra, thanks Kat.

This one is for me... 



I know, I don't need it, but since when did that matter!?  The fabric is another upholstery sample, and still requires an additional detachable section of strap to be put on when I get more split rings; I am rather in love with it already.

There's still time to enter the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway if you haven't already.  I have been literally overwhelmed with the number of responses so far, so please forgive that I can't reply to all the comments, otherwise there'll be no time for making - and that just wouldn't do!

19 comments:

  1. Great pouches- as usual!!! Love the snaps of the Christmas play! Cherish the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the play photos look so fun! your girls are adorable! and the pouches are cute cute. i love them both, but i love yours best. if you ever tire of it you can surely send it my way! ;) i have been overwhelmed with my giveaway entries too! it is a bit crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should just cut and paste my comment about your pouches, which of course are gorgeous (spesh love the ballet one)as are your adorable offspring. You must be one proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those little pouches. My girlies are too big for nativity productions now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pouches! The play photos are adorable - hope everyone went home in the right trousers/skirts/shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute in the nativity, never fails to bring a tear to the eye. I like your pouch a lot! Great fabric sample

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, I do miss those 'little' days ... sigh. Such cuties, and the kids aren't bad too! lol no really, might have a little pouch crush!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those purses! Good for you for treating yourself! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just out of curiosity, what part did elves play in the nativity?! lol Pouch Queen...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of COURSE you needed a zippy pouch, wasn't that on your list for the Retreat to carry some of your crap in? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fact that you found the time to make yourself something amid all the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable - applies to children and pouches! Don't respond just keep making!

    Hey Hadley are you in there beneath that mountain of pouches?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kids look do look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww darn it, my zip ends still aren't as good as yours! what's your secret? did you use a tutorial and do you trim like a mad woman? (yikes, that sounds really dodgy, but it made me giggle, so I'll leave it in!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are managing to make me feel Chrstmassy, thank you! One more sleep then I'll be on my way home

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok, since it is late and I am tired, I will just say "ditto" to what Annabella said. I must be really tired because I made a gazillion typo's in this comment and had to correct before hitting publish! Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pictures and those purses are great! The ballet print is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute photos and lovely purses!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx