Way back when the sun was hot and lounging on the deck was the order of the day, I cut a couple of Oakshott stacks into 9" squares for the Dead Simple QAL.
They sat unloved in a drawer until earlier this week, when urgency struck!
Having first planned to make a full-sized table cloth, I changed this to a runner, as upon re-visiting, some of the pinks now seemed too bright, and with the whopper that is my parent's dining table, it was going to need a lot of sashing to bring it up to size.
So a bit of jiggery-pokery, and the best part of yesterday at my sewing machine and ironing board, and I managed to get the final Christmas present made.
Afraid we are seriously lacking in the natural light and adequate space this morning, so the photos are bit lacking in style!
There is no 'quilting' as such, a simple 'right sides together, stitch round, turn through and topstitch round the edge' approach has worked just fine.
It measures a huge 250cm/100" x 65cm/26", and is backed with some IKEA linen type affair which is lovely looking but as stretchy and awkward as buggery to cut and sew!
The pressure is now off a little - so I am off to sort through the boxes of food I have been storing in the garage, I have no idea what's in there!