So for this weeks' instalment, Cindy set the quest for Slate Tiles, kind of squares, regular but irregular all at the same time...
How difficult could that be? I'll show you!
So I tried, on polycotton (big mistake!); I kept forgetting which way I was meant to be going, and the fabric was invariably going the other way!
Then I figured I'd revisit the earlier patterns in minature...
The front didn't look as bad as the back! I am not fiddling with the tension until I have got round to using cotton fabric with cotton batting, which I will go for this week, and perhaps it'll be perfect.
The polycotton might as well have been coated in teflon, I managed to produce a lot of static trying to move the bloody fabric around. I have some unused gardening gloves somewhere which I need to find, but I can imagine getting fed up with wearing those very quickly.
In the week I did find some of those rubber thimble things for counting paper/money and thought they could be fun; picture a child-friendly version of Freddy Kruger/Edward Thimblehands! The quest goes on!