Header

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Sew Wednesday...

Well I am considering myself lucky to have been able to stop indoors for most of the day, dodging the rain storms and listening to the howling gales outside.  With power, heating and plenty of tea and biscuits, I had a pretty good sewing day.

After dropping the kids at school, I stopped by the little village newsagents, and re-arranged their displays a bit, Love Patchwork & Quilting 5 is in the shops from today...


Then the sewing.  Sadly it was of the secretive kind.  I have February's Brit Bee border additions made, and because Susan is such a super-speedy star in the round before me, I am already 1/2 way through March's with all fabric cut.  I made the siggie I had forgotten for her under-wraps Stitch Tease month and have just sussed out what I am meant to be doing for Siblings Together, so that's a job for tomorrow.

What I can show you though are the two blocks I made last night for Bee Blessed...




Aren't these blocks superb!?  I'm sure Sarah and Judith wouldn't say no if you wanted to spread the love and contribute a couple too!

PS. To all my West Country friends, stay safe, warm and dry.  xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hang on a bit. What about Channel Islanders? Our provisions boat was cancelled today. I'm hungry and all you care about is people in the West Country...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not mentioning my Ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blocks, hope you get to stay safe inside again tomorrow! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I love how you rearranged the magazines. ;) That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing hearts and thank you for the wee plug! Stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed that the village newsagents had the magazine in, or is it because they knew you're in it!? We are safe and dry but it's been a soggy school run or 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL at the newsagent rearrangement, I'm sure they were really grateful ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new shop display , couldn't you find more shops to organise ? Lovely heart blocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pearl bracelets heart you were a whizz with the pattern matching :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hearts, I need to make some for Judith and Sarah. I am glad you are safe and warm, the weather sounds miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty hearts! Might have to make some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the article in the magazine. Strange, our T**c* usually has a few copies, when I went in yesterday there was only one, now safe in my hands. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought a copy yesterday ( I've not got round to subscribing yet). Your Bee Blessed hearts are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's my name right there! We're famous we are!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx