Header

Monday 3 February 2014

#psboxypouch Reveal...

Whilst the sun was out, I took a few snaps of this fab pouch, even if I do say so myself!


This was my first attempt at proper QAYG; slow, takes waaaaay more concentration, measuring, Aurifil and order than making a block and quilting it, but I do love the effect.

I used some of my old scraps, and some of my new ones c/o Reene and Jessie, and went a little out of my usual colour scheme, going into the red more than my safe, happy pink place, and again really pleased I did.


Bonnie-Pink Stitches Boxy Pouch tute is really lovely to follow, and the method of keeping all the raw edges hidden and no-hand finishing the lining is great.

My only niggle, and that is at myself, not the tute, as I know precisely where I went wrong, is that when empty, the lining is a bit baggy.  Next time I will make the lining seam allowances a little bigger, because there will be a next time, oh yes there will!

Linking this, as my final January finish, to Sarah's scrap party...

FairyFace Designs

See, not all my Monday's are doom and gloom xxx

25 comments:

  1. Oh I really live that pouch. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so that's where the elusive sun was today!! Gorgeous pouch! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pouch! I've only made one boxy pouch with my Mum snaffled it. I was never that happy with it because of raw edges inside. If I'd have read the tute properly I'd have realised it would end up that way and would have probably passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute! I love the scraps - the colors play so nicely together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful pouch Hadley. Love the scrappiness, the colours really work well together and the little grey flashes are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pouch Hadley I am off to check out that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A boxy pouch like this is getting higher and higher on my 'to-do' list! I love the yellow floral, as you well know! Great job missus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pouch! The colors are fabulous especially the red!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I love the yellow flower print You're not going to have any scraps left at this rate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabric choices too, I especially like the fabrics on the bottom of the pouch. It is wonderful to find a pattern that you like so much you want to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out beautiful. I love QAYG!! Going to check out the tute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! Nice that you tried some new colours and like them. Off to check out the tute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of scraps, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty scrap collection, love the pouch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous pouch and I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks perfect for the girls ballet shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely, the pouch and the sunshine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so on my list of scrappy things to make, I've had my eye on that tute since it appeared. Love your version, beautiful colours and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very neatly finished! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx