Whilst the sun was out, I took a few snaps of this fab pouch, even if I do say so myself!
This was my first attempt at proper QAYG; slow, takes waaaaay more concentration, measuring, Aurifil and order than making a block and quilting it, but I do love the effect.
I used some of my old scraps, and some of my new ones c/o Reene and Jessie, and went a little out of my usual colour scheme, going into the red more than my safe, happy pink place, and again really pleased I did.
Bonnie-Pink Stitches Boxy Pouch tute is really lovely to follow, and the method of keeping all the raw edges hidden and no-hand finishing the lining is great.
My only niggle, and that is at myself, not the tute, as I know precisely where I went wrong, is that when empty, the lining is a bit baggy. Next time I will make the lining seam allowances a little bigger, because there will be a next time, oh yes there will!
Linking this, as my final January finish, to Sarah's scrap party...
See, not all my Monday's are doom and gloom xxx