Header

Saturday 29 December 2012

The Girl In The Christmas Bubble...

Well hello - anyone still out there?

I hope you have all had a great week.  We had a quiet family time, spending part of Christmas Eve at Gatwick hugging my sister and brother-in-law as they have come over to stay at my parents for a fortnight; Christmas Day was spent all together with them, eating and sleeping.  There has been copious amounts of watching good and bad TV, and yesterday's highlight was a game of 1980s Trivial Pursuit with hubby, parents, sis and b-i-l.  I won.

It appears that I haven't really taken any photos of the festivities, but here are the last of the handmade makes that I had to keep under wraps until Christmas Day...

Flannel open wide pouches for the aforementioned chaps, fabric from Quilt Me Happy, updated pattern from Anna-Noodlehead.  All the handmade gifts were well received, so job done, for another year.

The infamous lurgy hasn't quite left the building; the pre-Christmas trio were back on form by the 25th, t'other twin succumbed to a bad cold and then a little too much chocolate and cranberry juice for breakfast on Boxing Day.  I have had a low-level cough, cold and sore throat which has been pretty much beaten into submission with ibuprofen and Strepsils, but a nagging backache is beginning to get me down, possibly the result of cornering the aisles with a heavily-laiden shopping trolley before the big day.  Ho ho hum... it could have been a lot worse, so I am not really complaining!

A whole week in a tinsel, chocolate, family, non-blogging bubble has been rather nice.  I think I have looked at a sum total of 2 blog posts, signed up for Elizabeth Dackson's Lucky Stars Block Of The Month Club and had a restrained spending spree at Pink Castle Fabrics, I may well have bought one of these as well as some of this

So I think it is time to get back on the good ol' stitchy-bloggy wagon.  Better battle through the Inbox first me thinks.  See you tomorrow xxx

19 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear that you had a good family Christmas despite any lingering germs. I am sure some non-computer time did you the world of good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in a winter bubble, never mind a Christmas one...lovely makes and glad that everyone is feeling a bit better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got to be with your family in person, and I hope the residual lurgy goes soon. We have been watching some movies too, there are more in the schedule for the weekend. Good work with the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful week! I've poked my head out of my bubble a couple of times but I'm going back in now...I've got chocolate that needs my attention and a binding to stitch on! Hope the lurgy and the backache go soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely christmas, and well done on the 80's trivia queen -ship. Did you get a tiara? Or some fluorescent plastic bangles?! Welcome back, missed you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous Christmas. I have stitched my way through it, its been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. It's kind of nice to shove all the blogging to the sidelines for a while, isn't it?
    But a new year is about to begin so let the buying and joining swaps and QAL's begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great Christmas! I love to play family games during holidays. It is always great to get everyone together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good Christmas and beat the cold into submission. I have declared all festivities finished today, the tree and decs are down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing beats quality family time at xmas its even better when you get to kick ass whilst playing games. I hope that everyone gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed family time - hope your back improves, keep taking the tablets!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a great Christmas and battled the lurgy and won!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoohoo H, I have also signed up to the Lucky Stars Block of the Month!

    It is quiet out there alright!

    The pouches look fab as usual!

    Merry Christmas (and soon Happy New Year).

    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got to spend some family time. Lovely flannel purses. Hope you are all fully recovered soon and enter the new year full of beans!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pouches, I can only cope with so much family, and it's time to get back to the sewing, unfortunately New Year is inconveniently placed in the middle, so i'll have to go and get drunk, oh well, it's not all bad!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back! Glad you've had a great break! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad it's been a great one! I should have dug out the Trivial Pursuit, I always win as my parents and gran can't do the music and entertainment questions ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Winter bubble....Summer bubble! Whichever one you can get- especially if it stops you sharing your germs! I'll send you my afternoon dose of sunshine - that should do it! Love the pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool! I signed up for the PP star block of the month club too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx