Header

Sunday 30 December 2012

Almost but not quite...

Christmas is almost over; I gauge that by the quantity of food left to consume; the turkey is no more, I might actually have to cook something tomorrow as we are now running low on cheese, biscuits and other festive fayre, although I do still have a mountain of chocs, so it's not all bad.

I have spent the afternoon Sizzixing pieces for round two of Brit Bee as I will be Miss January 2013 - lots and lots of HSTs all prepared; I was hoping to give you photos of my lovely piles, but I have only just finished, so you will just have to wait.

In the meantime, I have also pledged to join in with the in crowd and Trip Around The World.  I have pulled 36 Denyse Schmidt FQs, but they may have to wait in line, as I need to get that BB fabric all packaged and mailed, along with making some inroads into the first of 2 commission quilts that need to be finished by the end of January.  Hopefully I will go forth into the New Year all teched-up and using the #scrappytripalong mularky.  Here's hoping!

Having had a quick look back, I have also failed to show you a lovely Chrustmas pressie I received from my special blogging friend Annabelle, a leather sewing pattern purse!  (I know!)...


It is superb and will be used lots, especially when I head back to work.

I can also show you the Secret Santa gift I made for fellow Brit Bee Fiona...


I was getting my Panto-groove on when planning this, the Postcard from the Peeps pouch, using Lynne's paper pattern from FQ Retreat and a precious scrap of Lizzy House as a starter.  So although not overly festive, I know that Fiona is planning on using it after the pine needles have settled and mince pies are a distant memory!  I am yet to receive my gift, if you were wondering; my partner is a very amazing and busy lady so I told her not to stress it pre-Christmas, and so, the festivities live on.

21 comments:

  1. love the pouch, and that bag is AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow to that bag! Glad you are still enjoying the Christmas fare and can't wait to see my HST challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Peeps pouch is adorable! I thought I may be having a 'senior' moment when I saw my name as I couldn't recall having sent that bag to you (although I wish I had) but I see that it is Annabelle. Happy New Year Hadley - I hope it is wonderful for you and yours. I can't wait to see what Miss January has up her sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what Annabelle has made for you, so original and love Fionas purse. I have been watching Katy's trip around the world progess today on twitter. It looks very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that bag is brilliant! Hope you have a cracking New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite pouch yet! Great work. Hope you had a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that sewing pattern purse is amazing! Glad you still have chocs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pattern purse! I thought you had taken up garment sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the TAW technique! Gorgeous pattern pouch you got there, really unique. And fab pouch for Fi too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cute pouch and I can't wait to see your DS Trip around the World quilt. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No chocolates left (= crankiness setting in)
    I seriously want to make a sewing pattern purse.
    Is the 'design' transferred onto the white leather?
    I'm making one on Tuesday.
    (Happy New Year!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fun to see you had a great Christmas and still have chocolates. Ours are long gone. On to 2013, where we all will have new projects to share. I'm, Tripping along too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am being sucked in by this trip along, but still resisting. Lovely bags you have and made, I am interested in a leather sewing pattern fabric??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh HSTs! Look forward to getting my,package! That's a fabulous sewing pattern bag! And the pouch for Fi,is gorgeous! Got given a whole big tin of quality street at the weekend after resisting buying all chocolate! So we are swimming in it now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some lovely stuff! Washing you and yours a happy, and crafty, 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That purse is amazing- what talent is out there!
    And the bag you made- is it (whisper) shades of brown?? It is lovely, though, I was just surprised...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well thank you for not showing piccies of your piles, I'm just sitting down to lunch! Love the purse and zippy pouch :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the purse and pouch! I judge Christmas the same way! Ours won't end until my hubby is home, 2 Christmases for us this winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOoh loving your panto pouch. That purse is pretty amazing too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you like the purse. Hope this coming year is good to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great use of Peeps! One of my resolutions is to finally cute into all my carefully hoarded Lizzy House stash…

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx