Header

Saturday 22 December 2012

Ready or not?

Well Christmas is coming ready or not...

So here are the last couple of makes that I can show you before the big day.

Lovely Sarah sent me a couple of Doctor Who cuts with a certain someone in mind.  So, as I was already planning on making dear son a drawstring bag, it was a bit of a no-brainer...


He is going to be thrilled!  Thank you Missus xxx

My long-term Christmas project was the low-volume hexie cushion for my Mum. 

I finished this up at the beginning of the week when the fear of the lurgy was starting to make me panic.  I used some natural Essex Linen for the sashing and back, and it measures up at 20" plumped with a feather insert...


I did a (reversed) french seam instead of binding it, and I am really really pleased with how that turned out.

Apart from the present wrapping I am as ready as I can be... I think!

Today I have cleaned and tidied, and now I have a slight sore throat, so am going to try and fend that off with Chocolate, tea, Christmas movies and napping!

I've decided I won't be posting again until this time next week, so I really really hope you all have a wonderful Christmastime, surrounded by the ones you love, and time for thoughts for those who may be missing. 

Have fun, and see you on the other side of the big dinner xxx

25 comments:

  1. Fab pressies all round there missus! Hope your merry is very!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely Christmas and all the best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cushion, and naturally I love the drawstring bag - hope DS likes too :-)
    Have a very merry Christmas, big cuddles to the offspring, and you too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bags and the cushion is gorgeous! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Your cushion is delightful, and the bags sublime! A very merry Christmas to you and yours from the chaos that is ours! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a really good one Hadley!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Tardii! (is that the pural??) My Dr fan is 19 and I got her some Chibi Dr Who fabric from Spoonflower to make into pj bottoms ! Er it is still fabric at the moment!

    Well done you for getting DS's bag done And that lovely cushion!

    Have a super dooper Christmas Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow I swooned at your cushion it is stunning!
    Have a wonderful break hope you have the best Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic Dr Who cushions. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cushion! Beautiful fabrics! I like the idea of a reverse french seam as binding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant makes - as always. Have a fabulous Christmas and see you on the other side xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely makes H! Have a wonderful time - wishing you all a germ free Christmas! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hexy cushion, so calm and beautiful. Hope you have a great Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a lovely Christmas, and love to you and all the family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fabulous Christmas, hope you stay well x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful makes - might have to copy the French seam in reverse!
    Happy Christmas my lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that cushion, so pretty. Have a fab Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas! The cushion is so lovely and the bags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's up friends, its impressive post on the topic of cultureand completely defined, keep it up all the time.
    My webpage ... forex trading tips

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enjoy your delivery this afternoon, havea great Christmas. Love b x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful Christmas to you, too! And a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Merry Christmas Hadley. Hope you and your family have a wonderful special day. Thanks for all that you share with us friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Christmas! I'm hoping my hexy cushion looks half as good as yours...when I finish it in about five years!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just finished catching up - wow, you've had an eventful month! lol. I was exhausted for you just reading it…

    Have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lucky mum and son! Loving the fabric, Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx