Header

Friday 14 December 2012

Hello my deer!

I mentioned yesterday that the cushion for my Dad's birthday was finished, so here you are...


I'm sorry, dodgy indoor photos are all you can have I'm afraid, and now it is all wrapped up and ready for delivery tomorrow.

This is a fantastic pattern, and easy to piece, even with my mechanical complications; so if you are thinking about it, stop right now, and get on with it! 

I used some great crossweave fabric I got at C&H, really soft and I love the way the colours change in the light.  I picked up some grey and aqua too.  A little light quilting with green Aurifil 40wt, having backed the front panel with some lightweight fusible fleece.  Simple envelope back, and a 16" insert.  Done.

So another tick; plus I just finished the hexie panel for my Mum's Christmas cushion, and sorted through all the bags of pressies I have been snaffling away for the last month.  I have all the supplies I need to make the last Christmas presents, so my plan to be finished by this time next week doesn't seem so crazy after all!

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend; my thoughts, as I suspect yours are too, are with all those poor families in Newtown, Connecticut.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, you are making some great progress on the list, well done! And you're right, it's a really shocking event in newtown, those poor families must be in total shock and horror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the cushion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making this for my son's apartment. This is so him. Hopefully I can get to it before Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, looks fab, sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make this deer pillow for my son. I hardly ever make him anything because I never know what to sew. This is perfect and yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pillow. Terrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun idea! a silhouette! and you did such a nice job on the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cushion is stunning. The news headlines horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am flattered that you stole my blog header! Those poor families, As much security as we can put into place in our schools (nd I write as the keeper of the buzzer) the son of a teacher - of course I'd let him in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very impressive paper piecing and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this?? It is a triumph! In case Dad doesn't like it......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous pillow! Really love those crossweaves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cushion turned out super, I am having a go at it too.

    Yes, awful news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. why didn't i see this earlier? it would have been perfect for my dad!

    your version is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx