So, to recap... I made a number of blocks under Sheila's excellent tutor-ledge, but at the time I wasn't all that at or about paper-piecing and so by the latter blocks, I just gave up. My blatant hatred of my chosen fabric didn't help, and so the Mystery Quilt sat neglected for the whole of last year's Winter Stitching Plans and the first two FAL quarters!
I had tried some white sashing, that didn't work, so I cut it up, yep, all the blocks except one, into 4.5" squares and then just sewed them randomly back together again, along with a few extras' simply backed it with the last of the yellow peril, didn't bother with batting and was done.
It has found love as a garden/picnic blanket for the kids. To be honest, it no longer fills me with a feeling of nausea, and the fact that it is finished, and used, makes it all the better.
In some light, I have to admit, it actually looks quite nice!
|This was not taken today!|