Header

Thursday 27 January 2011

HUG - Day 1

This counted cross-stitch is making me go cross-eyed!  I toyed with starting with the 'U', I pondered over using a hoop and working methodically, but in the end plumped for starting at the top and seeing how it goes.  There are four solid rows of lilac to begin with, so I am hoping that once I have confidently counted the correct number of stitches (266), it should all fall into place if I go off the straight and narrow.

Ta dah...


OK... don't laugh...


... it's a start!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should put an E on the end, as it's a HUGE undertaking

    :-)

    Benta

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny - i bought a pack from her a couple of weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.. i have never done cross stitch before so hope i can do it. will be following you closely!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't have said 'don't laugh'. That alone made me smile immediately! ha ha ha .... It's a great cushion and if you give yourself small achievable goals instead of looking at the whole you will be pleasantly surprised when you get there sooner than you thought! It'll be great making this. If I only had time I would consider it as I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx