Dear son is off to his friend's for a birthday afternoon on Saturday. The birthday boy was meant to be going to Harry Potter World, but by the time his mum went to book, it was sold out until Half Term. So, if the boy can't go to Harry Potter, Harry Potter will come to the boy!
I was convinced I had seen an HP cushion/block pattern, but googling, flickring and searching about revealed nothing, (maybe I did see one and it got pulled due to copyright of something), so I did some maths based on some pics on Google, and drafted my own.
So if you check the link you will see that I have not been original, definitely don't claim to be, but to be honest it was so simple, you couldn't 'sell' a pattern!
My basic measurements for the 15" cushion were a 6" (finished) strip for the face, a 4" wide scarf of 2" stripes, and a 5" cloak strip.
The hair was drawn onto bondaweb then cut, and after pressing onto his head, I top stitched as close as possible to the edge to make sure his locks won't flop off in the future. I drew round a cotton reel for his specs, backstitched those and his scar and added a couple of buttons for eyes.
Fusible fleece and a piece of muslin on the back of the front(!), and simple envelope back. I finished off by binding the inside edges, because I didn't want to break up to look on the outside; I could have used french seams, but I had a piece of left-over binding and fancied a bit of sofa time before the kids came home - I am back to work tomorrow, so this was my last bit of me-time!
The hair and cloak are from my ever-useful and sadly diminishing piece of Sketch flannel from Simply Solids, I think Kona Raisin scraps, some yellow Sketch and no-idea neutral. The back is some bargain dots from here. All pieced in magical Aurifil.
Dear son was satisfyingly jealous, and only happy once I had confirmed, on the way home from school, that it was smaller than his Batman & Robin cushion!
And the best bit for me, another instant project 100% from stash; told you I was going to bust it this year!