My Stitch Tease v.1 quilt is finished!!
I have blogged about this quilt and the super Bee, oh, just a few times, you can check out these posts if you haven't been along for the journey, here, here and here.
So with a FAL goal of the end of the week, and an inherent dislike of unfinished business, I started eagerly finishing this up a week or so ago.
I never took a photo of the batting, but if I tell you it is made of 8 irregular pieces and I splashed out and bought some of that (amazing) batting tape, to make up a piece big enough for this 60" x 80" quilt, you can imagine how it looks inside!
Katy joined all 8 Bee strips into the finished top, and I added the siggy blocks into a white strip on the backing of a Kate Spain print which I have had stashed away, awaiting its moment for a year or 2!
I love how it has turned out; dense, a-little-bit-wobbly, line quilting in 50wt Aurifil (5006) in a light turquoise colour, some Lotta Jansdotta for binding and it has all come together perfectly...
It has washed up all soft and has a surprisingly wonderful drape considering the size, number of seams and all that quilting.
It is a heavy quilt, and the largest I have finished, and having spent all those hours quilting, I feel like I know every single piece of fabric in it. Considering that only Katy was able to compare her strip to any of the others in real life, it is so cohesive, the Stitch Tease ladies really did me proud! Thank you, thank you all again.
And now we are into year 2, and I know exactly what I will be asking for in September; all I am saying is, don't use up all your low volume fabrics my friends, I have designs on them!