Header

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Something to smile about...

We have incoming calls again, and a lucky unused line meant no digging up the drive!  We also have the promise of Infinity broadband next Monday… hmm.

We have had the central heating system re-filled, but this evening, no heat downstairs, (yes that was me you heard screaming!).  So that'll be me on the phone tomorrow morning, politely requesting the chaps
come back then.

Not only did I have the company of engineers and plumbers, but also a (not very) poorly girl.  It was one of those days.

So I sat and stitched the binding, and just before we had to go collect the other two from school, I finished the Amsterdam quilts!


I love them, the girls love them; thank you Stitch Tease buddies for helping make these possible.  The girls decided their own layouts of one block each from each of my Bee mates and the extras that I made.  I think they did well.


The quilts finish up at c. 60" square; no batting, no quilting, just bobble Minky, wide sashing of Robert Kaufman dots and Dashwood Flurry bindings, all from Plush Addict.


Smiling girls tonight…


xxx

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Hope your techy problems get fixed asap, these things always come together :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out brilliantly! We've no heat either, anywhere in the house, nor hot water! Boo to winter! hope little one feels better soon. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilts, suppose had to since I am Dutch and love tulips!!😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilts, suppose had to since I am Dutch and love tulips!!😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. No quilting???!! Does that work with minky?? You may have just saved me from a task I was dreading... The quilts are beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the happy little girls underneath them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilts are beautiful. But why no batting or quilting, maybe it just is not that cold at your house most of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post makes me smile. Glad to see the girls love their quilts. Now I hope all the other stuff and the poorly girl are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilts! And the girls are so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such happy post (except the downstairs heating). These quilts look wonderful, they have to be one of my favourite makes I have seen on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilts! Hope you've got heating all over your house today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those quilts are wonderful and those beautiful smiles even more wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous and your girls look so happy under them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So thrilled to be a part of these quilts! Your girls look smitten with them- it always makes me happy to see kids take joy in what is made special just for them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh well done Bee Girls - they are fab, and I really love the border / binding combos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful quilts. Hope they'll love them for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx