She asked for kaleidoscope blocks, paper-pieced, and to be honest, the whole idea filled me with dread. I tried kaleidoscope blocks way back in the mists of time, and quite frankly completely buggered them up. I've avoided them ever since!
My centre points were definitely not pointy, and the finished blocks probably didn't even get a mention on the blog as they were so shocking, they were also batik, so the less said the better!!
So fast forward about 4 years, and this weekend, big girl pants pulled right up, I set to it.
Pleasantly surprised doesn't even go there!
Lovely points, even if I do say myself!
It just goes to show how much my piecing has improved over the years, thankfully, it's not like I haven't had enough practise! What I do need to practise though is paper-piecing without so much wastage - I have to cut big, as I don't have the time or will power to work out all the reverse angles and which bit will flap where and cover what. Maybe I'll suss that in another 4 years!
So these will be winging over the pond to make what will be an awesome first Bee quilt for Kari.
And in case you are wondering about the lack of Brit Bee stitching around these parts; the quilt tops are playing catch up, and I am now only awaiting Sarah's to piece the final border. We are going to wait until they are all finished before having them sent home and I for one am sooooooo impatient, longest 18 months, so far, EVER!