Header

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Making the most of it...

Time is ticking until I have to go back to work.  Today I worked with the girls on their Out & About books, scrapbooks of their summer; their teacher is going to get complete deja vu when she looks at the second one, but they look pretty good and the girls are chuffed to bits with them, although they had gone to bed by the time I remembered to take a picture...



There was also time in the sunshine, as it looks like Autumn is coming knocking on Friday, and I am not ready for that either.

I meant to take some photos of my shopping from yesterday to show you, but the clothes have been put away, did I mention that I got a Cath Kidston pirate scarf?!

I also got myself a lunchbox - the kids all have their new ones, and as I am on a healthy-eating, lose-weight mission, I thought having a nice coolbag would entice me to take good food with me, not pick on biscuits and other crap all morning...


... we'll see.

Lastly, I managed to finish my first Architextures cushion this evening...


I machine quilted in 28wt Aurifil, and it looks and feels amazing, I'll get some finished pictures tomorrow.  I am aiming for the big one to be complete by the weekend, here's hoping. xxx

19 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome cushion!! And you can't beat a cool lunchbox as incentive for a healthy lunch. Mine has skulls on. Natch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you get the kids in school but not you in work balance? Cushion looking fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha we were still finishing off our holiday scrapbook this morning! Loving the quilting on your cushion x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea to make "out and about" books with the kids... Love the cushion!! And good luck with the Healthier food and lose weight plan! I've been having a plan like it for a while now - it's still a plan... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teacher probably gets deja vu several times a day looking at them ;o) Loving the sneaky porthole peek...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cushion is looking wonderful, and the rest sounds fun. I am also on a eat better and diet kick, maybe I need a lunch box too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the healthy options! The cushion looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't a healthy eating plan the grown up equivalent of new school uniform, maths set and ring binders?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only thing that could compete with a new lunchbox would be a fresh notebook and new pen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrap books are such fun aren't they, wonderful keepsakes. The cushion looks fab, loving the porthole action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of the cushion - I am just realising that I even have to label the kids shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the look of your cushion. The scrap books look brill. Remember doing them when I was young too. I was just thinking I should make myself a lunch bag to tempt me to take nicer treats to work. I use a carrier bag - yeah I know! All that fabric and I use a carrier bag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up! Your cushion looks awesome and I love that the girls made Out and About books. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to seeing the full reveal! The sneak peak is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too am trying to eat better (well have been for about a year). I have lost the weight I wanted to but now I am working to keep it off. I just WANT A COOKIE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to see the whole (Hole?) cushion! It looks amazing. I still want to learn that technique...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sneak peek of your cushion and your cute lunchbag too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, button lunch box, great incentive to eat well, got to love a bit of architextures, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that lunch box and your cushion. Your twins will have a nice momento in those scrapbooks.

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx