Header

Friday 31 May 2013

Friday Fings!

A potentially quite calm day was kicked into touch at about 9 am when I re-read the letter about camp and spotted the part about all Cubs to bring a homemade cake with them!  Bugger.

I don't do baking, other than that banana bread recently, so, with a bit of wishful thinking and a super special, and thankfully helpful friend, I jotted down the recipe for chocolate flapjacks, (having sampled many at the weekend), and dashed off to get supplies, including a baking tin, (oh I know, say nothing!).

Obviously we had to sample some, to make sure the Cubs were going to be OK, and I have been told by the girls to make more tomorrow, and that they want flapjack instead of cake for their birthday... in November!  Success then.

More in-keeping with the me you have come to know and love, a delivery from Pink Castle's 30% off skinny bolt sale last week; 2yrs of AMH voile and some Liberty Lifestyle...


And I have managed to crack on a little with my Super Tote...


I have got to the stage of basting the elasticated pockets to the lining, so fingers crossed it will be a June 1st finish.

Finally, dear son got dropped off at camp, complete with flapjacks, and it looks like they are going to have a great time...


So that'll be May then; finishing on a high in both temperature and spirit.  See you in June xxx

23 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for friends that can bake and give you recipes. You obviously have the latent baking gene! Love your super tote in your fabrics. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, they look good, and you've been busy again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I would like chocolate flapjacks for my birthday, too ;-) !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you don't bake. Don't know why...just surprised.
    Oh and loving the Super Tote...I am thinking I may need to buy that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm chocolate flapjacks. Loving that supertote! Wonder if I have time for making one before the retreat - could be useful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you tried the microwave flapjacks? very quick and very yummy, and i used a tupperware bowl, so not even a baking tin in sight! the bag is looking fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have found a hidden talent- no, not shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that tote is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cub camp, I remember it well. SO glad I don't lead anymore! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh real tents and everything. I bet your flapjacks will be a big hit. Loving the progress on the tote Hadley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound about like me with baking, although I do have the tins!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tote looks fab - it's so clever how you've managed to get it to match and everyfin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny, that it just the sort of thing I do not noticing, not notice something major! Love the tote, especially the pink handles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are going to have a LOT of baked goods. I thought it was meant to be all baked beans and burned pork sausages at camp. Colour me disappointed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to make birthday cake this week so I may have to check out that recipe. Otherwise, love how that tote is looking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see they are out in the wilderness there! ;) He'll have an amazing time. Chocolate flapjack, AMH and a lovely project - life looks good from here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Must remember to put that on the kit list for the next camp that I run! Loving the tote, great fabric choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can't beat flapjack! Love the tote and hopefully with all the sunshine we are having the cubs washing shouldn't be too muddy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great weekend for camping in the sun, flapjacks and sewing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope he has a great time in the sun! Glad the flapjacks were nice, I bet you get asked for the recipe when you pick him up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, he looks thrilled in that last pic - hee hee! Glad to hear they won't starve, and that you won't have to deal with the sugar high of all those small boys :oD

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great mum you are!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx