Header

Saturday, 5 October 2013

Staying in...

Haven't had a Saturday at home in a long time; bit of a lie-in, couple of horrible, necessary hours cleaning and tidying but a noticeable, and way better vista when I was done, and some happy mail.

When Brenda/Pink Castle was having a 30%-off event just over a week ago, I nabbed some half yard cuts of Alison Glass's Text prints...


I didn't get them all, but these coloured ones really are beautiful.

I also did some sewing for 'me'.  I decided on my Brit Bee III colour scheme, and got down to it.  I think I better consult with the rest of the gang on what I am allowed to tell you, because we are mixing it up this year, and it's going to be a-maz-ing!!

But what I can remind/ask/beg you, is to check out all the entries over at Fiona/Celtic Thistle Stitches' Holiday Memories competition, as voting is now open


I would love you to vote for my mini quilt, however as I have friends entered in the same category too, all I can ask is that you do cast a vote.  Fiona worked hard for this competition, and the sponsors have been generous, so it would be great if you could show me/us/her/them some love. 

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you got some 'me' time too; and have a peaceful rest of the weekend one and all xxx

19 comments:

  1. I am deep in the housework today, it is fall clean up and so everything is a mess to get tidy. I love your quilt and I voted for you. It is hard to pick, lovely quilts and lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing I had had some me time today, but sadly not and I have been up since 5:00am :( I am very jealous of your beautiful text prints. I trust you didn't incur a C&E charge? I'm too scared to order anything from the US now after being charged £18 for $12 worth of fabric. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pop over to vote asap. I may have ordered some of those texts prints in the 30% sale too - don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over to vote - so love this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have voted. I have a bunch of those on order also

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to housework today, too. But I got a holiday booked, too! Not Menorca next year but I shall pop on over to vote on yours - it brings back happy memories from that particular pool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teaching all day but a treat of pub dinner :). Housework still awaits! I voted, some difficult decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh, those texty. fabrics are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I didn't get round to entering I'll at least go and vote. Dunno how I missed seeing these texty goodness' when I was taking advantage of 30% off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those text prints and thanks for the voting shout out. I loved your mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been and voted, love that mini

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am wishing now I had made a bag instead of a mini quilt as it wouldn't be in the same category as yours :-) Love your new texty fabrics - looking forward to seeing what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have voted, and I can't tell you who for, but her name rhymes with madly! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I voted! I know what you mean about a Saturday at home. Lovely quilt and you must have moved fast to get your hands on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  15. off to look and vote right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Voted! And I love a Saturday in, really really love them- as long as I'm not ill.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely text prints, I got the feather ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well nabbed, I grabbed some recently too :o)

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx