Header

Wednesday 2 September 2015

Day Off...

I am still off work, but today was my 'official day off' and tomorrow will be a days annual leave rather than unpaid leave or bank holidays.  It didn't feel much different!

However it did mean frantic uniform and bag sorting, the girls are back to school tomorrow and dear son starts his new school on Friday and I go back to work.  I now have a pile of new uniform to label tonight, but I can cope with that.

I did, in the midst of this, get my September bee blocks made for new girl in the Stitch Tease Bee, Nicky.

Set the fun task of making a couple of blocks inspired by the Alhambra Palace for a predominately orange sampler-style quilt; I searched out a couple of images of tiles that took my fancy. The results are, even if I do say so myself, rather pleasing!


I have a rather long list of things I must do, and would like to do this month; I am hoping to get the balance right, as I am all too aware that all work and no play is going to make me one very dull (and grumpy) girl.

5 comments:

  1. Those blocks are a great use of your time off.They're lovely and very "Alhambra-esk"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did good on the bee blocks. They are on my list of things to do tomorrow. I would love to be ahead of the game with both bees done for a change, rather than scrambling to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nicky's idea and you did a great job interpreting it into two fab blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floors are great inspiration for quilts! Hope school,started ok for all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just come across this - I am such a convert to IG I forget to look at blogs! I love these and you did such a brilliant job for me. I have all the blocks on my design wall waiting to be pieced together - they really cheer up my day

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx