Header

Thursday 16 April 2015

Oooh a Wednesday WIP...

Cracking on, albeit at snail's pace…


I love how the front accordion pocket(s) turned out, the back inset zip, not so much.  The thick layers are making my stitches all kinds of random, despite the topstitch needle and walking foot.  I unpicked once already, that's my limit.

I think my biggest problem is going to be the shoulder strap, as I added some extra 'padding' already; there may need to be a bit of a rethink, when I eventually get to that bit.

4 comments:

  1. bags coming on well. The bag I made I was pleased with but the webbing was disasterous for my strap - just kept stretching and getting longer! Huge big welt in the daughter's shoulder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your pain re the bulk stitches - my Brother is a real prima donna, luckily I have an ancient (as old as me) but reliable workhorse of s bernina - if I have the strength to drag it out I know it will top stitch through anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh exciting- I like the yellow edging to the zip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a great bag - love the glimpses of yellow!

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx