Header

Thursday 15 January 2015

Lemons into Lemsip...

OK, so last night you got the Lemsip shot, as I really couldn't muster up any energy to do anything; suffering the evening slump, having been on an all-day course at work and doing all the usual mummy stuff.

However I came home from work today, still full of cold but with a couple of hours to fill; other than booking the boiler man to come and listen to the worrying rumbles tomorrow, I had time to make something.

After I saw the beauty made by Rachael on Instagram last night, I knew what I wanted, nay, needed to make, and armed with a new hot water bottle, a nice big one, I took the easy route…


Drew round it, added an inch all round; layered, quilted, right-sides together and zig-zag-slash-straight stitched round the edge.  Turn through, all done, can't wait to go to bed…


I might not even wait to go to bed actually; it's another stormy night out there, so I don't need an excuse!

And before I go and put the kettle on, look what I spotted as I logged in to write this…


Half a million!!!!  Thank you xxx

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous hot water bottle cover! And congratulations on 500,000 views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Here's to the next half million xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, if only they were pounds!! Gorgeous HWBC! It's still blowing a hooley here too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know I cannot find a hot water bottle here in the states. Nowhere!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, braw stormy here too and my hottie is sorely in need of a cover..... love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need To buy a hot water bottle So I can make a really cute cover. My feet are always cold. Are you feeling any better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the half million!
    You should do a giveaway - or something. Like a hot water bottle and a cover. Since the US seems to have no hot water bottles to speak of.
    I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So the real question is: can a princess feel the warmth of a hot water bottle through 30 mattresses??? I can't imagine anything more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely, I am sure it is wonderful to cuddle. I love that your brain still works in sewing mode even when ill. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous cover! Just what you need right now. And wow, half a million, you go girl, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for this post, I just invested in two hot water bottles for our cottage in Wales...where we def need them! and I want to make covers for them so I will hope on over to pinterest too :) Hope youre feeling better, I was on lemsips for a month! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh beastly germs, we have them here too, so sorry you are poorly. Hope the hottie stays warm for ages in its lovely new cover. Great choice of fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon xx Love the hot water bottle, although I can't imagine anything worse than a hot water bottle here at the moment - air conditioning would be much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the cutest girl ever. Fab idea and the perfect fabric.
    Congrats on 500,000! That's really cool, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing 500000 views! Congratulations!
    Love the bottle cover!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

I have switched over to 'Registered Users only' I am really sorry if you are now unable to comment.

PS. If you are a 'No Reply' blogger, I am not able to thank you for your comments, so please leave an email address if you want to be contactable. xxx